IBS is a common condition that affects the digestive system with symptoms including bloating, stomach cramps, flatulence, diarrhoea, constipation, mood swings, nausea, bodily aches and pains and incontinence. IBS symptoms can flare up due to certain dietary, lifestyle and environmental triggers, including stress and anxiety. Here are some simple ways to prevent or reduce the severity of certain symptoms, so you, or someone you know who suffers from IBS, can live a happier, more comfortable life:
- Reduce caffeine intake
- Limit processed and sugary foods in the diet
- Focus on how you digest your food (chew well, sitting up etc.)
- Avoid spicy and fatty foods to reduce reflux
- Check your fibre intake for consumption
- Try peppermint tea for trapped wind
- Eat energy dense foods for fatigue
- Practice mindfulness and more gentle forms of exercise such as yoga
- Consider the low FODMAP diet (follow alongside the guidance of a registered Nutritional Therapist).
We have a number of natural and organic brands in store and online which are suited to promote optimal gut health but also more tailored probiotics to suit certain gut imbalances, such as loose bowels, IBS or when travelling to name a few.
All supplements have been expertly formulated to alleviate digestive disturbances, and restore a happy, healthy gut.